Going, going, gone!

In 2008, I gained quite a few more pregnant and engaged acquaintances from high school.

I lost a little confidence in something that I was once so sure of.

I stopped writing in my journal half way through the year.

I started being a bit more honest with myself.

I was hugely satisfied by his announcement that he was trying to go back to school.

And frustrated by his lack of confidence in other areas of his life.

I am so embarrassed that I sang with him in the car that one day.

Once again, I got excited for something that didn’t happen.

Once again, I did not finish the story.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is my smile. I think it disappeared for a while this past year.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is my outlook for the future.

I loved spending time laying in the sun over summer.

Why did I spend even two minutes thinking that he would have remembered that?

I should have spent more time laughing.

I regret buying that television on a near-monthly basis.

I will never regret buying three new pairs of shoes even though with that money I could have bought his Christmas present in cash.

I expected way too much.

I didn't fight back enough.

The parties drove me crazy.

Were the scandals crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was the river.

I feel so peaceful when I write that down.

Why did I go to your party that night when I knew it would turn out messy?

The best thing I did for someone else was let him go.

The best thing I did for myself was trust that it would work out.

The best thing someone did for me was give me the biggest hug ever in the middle of his work.

The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch That.

Why I Hate Taxes

Bad Dreams v Nightmares