Birthday Thoughts.

My birthday is coming up quick. Two weeks. I can't believe it myself, I mean, I remember teasing you before I started school, asking what you were going to get me. Ha, your answer now is relatively the same as it was then, just a little more mysterious.
Truth be told, a part of me just wants to skip it, my birthday, I mean. It has nothing to do with being a year older, I've accepted that fact already, that my youth is slowly slipping away, but instead I admit that I'm afraid my birthday will bring back a stream of not-so-pleasant memories from a year ago. It may seem silly, it probably is silly, but the thought is still there, that 'What If?' Now I admit it's not true, I don't actually believe it, but I also didn't believe in a lot of things a year ago, and I was ultimately surprised. It's not that I don't look forward to the occasion holistically either, it's just that I wish this year won't leave me another year older and more bitter like the last. ...Maybe that's what I'll wish for when I blow out the candles.

Comments

  1. Oh, you're soooooooo old, and your youth is totally slipping away...

    Martha's going to be THIRTY. Think about that for a minute. According to my friend Paul, that's "halfway to dead."

    You've got some time, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch That.

Why I Hate Taxes

Dreams.