First Quarter Check In

I made a list of new year "resolutions" three months ago. Let's see how I'm doing so far.

  • complete a 5k (note I said complete; it might be a race for some, but I just want to be able to finish)
I haven't completed a 5K yet, but as you can tell by my previous post, I've been doing my best to take it seriously and train so that I don't completely disappoint myself.
  • write more often (write anything, really)
I have written more in these past few months than I feel like I have in a LONG time. I've written nearly forty letter, have been blogging (somewhat) regularly, and I've decided to try my hand at Script Frenzy this month.
  • write more letters (okay, more specific)
Like I said, nearly forty letters.
  • spend more time outside (Jack needs to spend more time outside too once it's warmer)

We have had some crazy gorgeous weather the past few weeks, so I've been outside when I can - -like, to the point of doing some work/research outside on the porch. Oh, and Jack and I are getting in a walk (sometimes two) nearly everyday.

  • go back to Savannah (obv)
Dude, plane tickets are a HELL of a lot of money lately. WTF? Anyway, no Savannah yet, but I've still got three quarters of a year to get back there.
  • teach more (and in a variety of grades - -gotta get outta that comfort zone!)
Yes. And no. I haven't subbed in a while unfortunately, but one of my more recent gigs was in an eighth grade algebra room. Talk about out of the comfort zone....
  • cook more (lots of things....and new things, too)
I was on a big pasta spree last month for some reason. Not new, but involved a lot of cooking nonetheless. I made brownies for the first time in my life (don't know how I've never made those before) and they were a success. I've also dived back into cobbler and other sweets which have also been enjoyed by the masses.
  • trust
I'm still working on that one....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch That.

Why I Hate Taxes

Dreams.