Silly little thing.

I'm wearing your ring again. Though it could be described as gaudy as I sit in my jeans and shirt, I don't mind it catching that great attention. I also found that it fits better on a different finger than the one I usually wear it on, and the next time you see me, maybe you'll notice the difference. (Actually, I know you won't notice it at all, but I guess it's just the light reflecting in the ring that's making me a bit more thoughtful than usual.)

It surprises me a little that I still have this ring... That I never tossed it or put it away in a fit of rage. *laughs* No. It sat in the same place day after day, me paying careful attention to never touch it. Never touch it, that is, until precisely a week ago when it took the place of a ring that I was told I could not wear. I picked up that ring, and there hasn't been a day since that I haven't worn it. Maybe I should have chosen another ring, there were other possibilities, but part of me knew that one would be the one I chose. I couldn't have told you why I wanted that one at the moment... Maybe it was my hopes getting up... Or maybe I was just longing to remember... That last one sounds about right though. Remembering...
And my it's funny the things we remember when all we do is touch one of the silly little things we were given...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate Taxes

Scratch That.

Dreams.