What does it take for me to spill my heart and soul?

When I looked into those cloudy eyes tonight, they nearly knocked me off my feet.
You see, I've always had this little admiration for eyes. They tell you everything you need to know. The gateway to their thoughts.... The gateway to their soul. And when I looked up into those eyes tonight, I saw the emotion flooding out from behind them.

I've never been an open person. I can't exactly pinpoint the time in my life where I closed myself up, but the simple fact is I have trouble sharing my thoughts - -my feelings.
That's an issue.
There are 2 people however who know everything about me. The people who always catch me at the right moment, when the water's threatening to push over, and the dam finally breaks. And believe it or not, I'm a little bit more open because of these 2 people in my life - -not much, but better.
I just wish that that number could up itself to 3. It could be 3. I want it to be 3 more than I am capable of describing. And it kills me that I can't just throw it all out there. Maybe I'm afraid of an emotion breakdown. Maybe I'm afraid that I'll break down crying. Maybe I'm afraid of loss. Whatever the reason though, I need to work through it. I know I'm going to need help on this, people to catch me, people to pick me up, people to push me. Maybe then I can get a little bit better than just better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate Taxes

Scratch That.

Dreams.