Year in Review


In 2013, I gained a fiancé, a house, and quite a bit of weight around my mid-section (for a good reason though).


I lost my mind as I developed a method of implementing our new ELA curriculum. 

I stopped reading and writing for myself… and man, that sucked.

I started planning ahead -even if only a little, it's more than before.

I was hugely satisfied by not having to replace my entire wardrobe with maternity clothes. 

And frustrated by PUPPS. 

I am so embarrassed that I still take out my nerves on my fingernails.

Once again, I started off waaayyyyyyy too nice.

Once again, I did not use this blog as much as I intended.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is a much more circular tummy area.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is how I feel about life and the future.

I loved spending time cuddling up at night.

Why did I spend even two minutes thinking it wasn't going to happen?

I should have spent more time pampering myself.


I regret buying a new phone.  I mean, really, what's the difference? 


I will never regret buying the leaf blower even though with that money I could have bought food for at least 4 weeks.

questioned way too much.

I didn't enjoy enough.

My first block of ELA drove me crazy.

Was my mother crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was Chicago for a glorious night of musical theatrics, delicious food, and a cozy hotel stay.

I feel so giddy when I write that down.

Why did I go to state even though I really didn't want to?

The best thing I did for someone else was offer up my time and ear when they were in need of a break.

The best thing I did for myself was accept certain truths.

The best thing someone did for me was take me out for some much needed sister time.

The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is kicking off the school year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate Taxes

Scratch That.

Bad Dreams v Nightmares