These are a few of my favorite things

Two very different, yet never fading memories. I don't know what brought them to mind tonight, but I know I won't be able to sleep until I write them down.

June 2006, Friday: In front of my house, against your dad's truck. We were making small talk about something, though what I don't quite remember. Maybe the game we just watched, or maybe pretending we weren't going to see one another the next night. It had been a handful of days already, and it had almost happened so many times before, but never all the way. I had just glanced up at something in they sky, maybe a plane overhead or just a star to make my wish, and when I looked back you had already pulled me closer. You kissed me for the first time in the moment after that. And I remember, after you left, going inside and leaning against my front door in a daze, letting it hold me up just like it happens in the movies after something like that happens. ....It may have been the first time I fell in love with you.

August 2008, Saturday: I had just walked through the doors at your work when it seemed just on schedule that you came around the corner. You spotted me, smiled, and stopped as I made my way over. I don't even remember if we exchanged a "hey" but you grabbed me up in a hug, spun me around, set me back where I first stood, and we smiled. It was great. It was perfect. All of the bullshit, all of the lies and confusion from the past were gone in that moment, and you were the best friend that I had one year earlier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch That.

Why I Hate Taxes

Bad Dreams v Nightmares